Thought I’d share with you my kids most loved and played with toys over the years. I love getting value for money and these certainly have done just that. So if your stuck for ideas for some Christmas presents, have a look. My kids are 5 and 1 and a half by the way :)
1. Leapfrog My Pal Scout/Violet – These are under €25 (on special now for €17.99) and just so so cute, you can plug it into your computer and customize the name of your child, their favourite colour, food and animal. There are lots of songs to choose from, they even have christmas ones and the dog sings your child’s name and all hehe!! My little fella loves this and it saved me having to buy him a lullaby player as it does this too, it plays 2, 5 or 10 minutes of bedtime music and says goodnight to your child, again you can change these songs too. My 5 year old wants one too lol!
2. Wooden Pull Along Blocks – Kids love any blocks, my to love stacking them up and knocking them down. Such a classic and cheap too, these ones come with a little pull along to put all their block in and is only €12.99 and part of the 2 for €20 (click for all the toys in that range) at Smyths Toys.
3. My Happy Family Doll House – We’ve had this years and it’s been thrown and flung around the place so it’s incredible sturdy! Doorbell still works and all. The little guy now loves playing with it lol, he sits there for ages putting his toy cars through the windows and door! This year for her Christmas we got the 5 year old the Amelia Doll House, again I’d say they will both love it, great for imaginative play!
4. Rollmatz Play Mat – Great for boys and girls to have pretend little roads for their cars, at only €11.99 too you can’t go wrong :)
5. Groovy Stars Keyboard – Very sturdy piano for kids, my 5 year old loves to make up songs with this and do performances, always out when her friends are around. Lil fella also has fun making not very tuneful tunes haha!
6. Ride ons –Disney Princess/Jake and the Neverland Pirates – A ride on is definitely on the MUST HAVE list for toddlers. My god they love these! We bought a princess one for my daughter when she was about 1 and she still played with it up till last year (she’s all into the flickers and bikes now) She loved going on this in the house as well as outside and the seats lift up so she put some toys and stuff in there. So we got the lil guy the Jake & the Neverland Pirates ride on for Christmas, I hope he loves it as much as the 1st loved hers.
Well there you have it, my top 6 get-your-moneys-worth toys haha! Would love to know what you guys think? Any of these you kids favourites? Or what else would you recommend? Comment below.
Oh and click here for the Smyths Money Off Voucher valid till 31st October
Sign up for emails of new posts over on the right or follow me on facebook>>>